Thursday, August 28, 2008

Homes in Havering Chairman resigns

Following a Collier Row & Mawneys Residents Association campaign for Homes in Havering Chairman, Cllr Andrew Curtin to resign over the handling of the Chief Executives depature, we are please to post the following news release form havering Council.

Change to Council Representatives on Board of Homes in Havering

Havering Council has announced a change to its nominated representatives on the board of Homes in Havering. Councillor Andrew Curtin is standing down as one of the Council’s four representatives and will no longer serve as Chair of the board. Councillor Steven Kelly has been nominated to the board to fill the vacancy.

The Council does not appoint the Chair of the board - the election of a new Chair will be a matter for the board of Homes in Havering.

Councillor Andrew Curtin said: “I am standing down from the board of Homes in Havering with immediate effect. Homes in Havering will shortly be recruiting a new chief executive and this appointment will open up a new future for the organisation. Standing down as Chair will allow my successor to be involved in the recruitment process from the very start".

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as Chair and I believe the organisation has made great strides forward. I am very confident that Homes in Havering will achieve the two star rating needed to unlock over £100 million of Government funding in 2009 and I will support the organisation, alongside my Cabinet colleagues, as it continues to improve services to Council tenants and leaseholders.”

Councillor Steven Kelly added: “I’m very positive about the future for Homes in Havering and its tenants. I’m looking forward to working with colleagues to improve the quality of life on all of our estates.”

No comments: