Saturday, June 09, 2007

Its an Honour !


At the Annual meeting of Havering Council held in May, Collier Row & Mawneys Residents Association member, Graham Price received an award of Honorary Alderman of the London Borough of Havering. He was presented with a certificate from the new Mayor and is inscribed “In gratitude for the long and eminent service rendered to the people and Borough of Havering” He was nominated for the award by Cllr Andrew Mann and the Residents Group of Councillors. You can only receive the award if you are an ex Councillor and should have served a minimum term of 16 years.

On receiving the award Graham said “This is an award that I greatly appreciate, indeed so does my family. I am grateful to members of the Council for conferring it upon me and to the Residents Group for nominating me. My public life in Havering began way back in 1974, when the Council appointed me as a member of the old Romford Area Youth Service Consultative Committee and I was also appointed as a school governor for the first time.

I served as a Councillor for the first time from 1978 to 1990 and then again from 2002 to 2006. During those 16 years, I served on various Council committees, in particular Health and Housing. I was also involved with the London Accident Prevention Council. Although, no longer a Councillor, I still continue to serve as a Governor on both Crownfield Infant and Junior schools”.

There are only eight Honorary Freeman of the Borough, five were created last year, the two others were appointed with Graham and are sitting members of Parliament in Havering, and were both Councillors for a total of sixteen years between them, which Graham did on his own !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Graham, it is certainly well deserved.