Friday, March 09, 2007

Chief Executive of Havering Retires

Stephen Evans, Havering’s Chief Executive, retires from his post this week and I was pleased to be able to attend a fair well drink at the Town Hall last night. We heard the usual stuff when someone retires, funny stories; he’s a good bloke really, we will miss him, everyone loves the boss, etc,etc.

To be honest, I have always got on with Stephen, during my time as a Cabinet member we disagreed on a few things and did not see eye to eye on everything, but as a whole, we sorted any issues out that we had and got the job done.

Stephen Evans has been at Havering Council for eight years and Chief Executive for the last four and a half years, during that time he has overseen the delivery of a programme of stabilisation and improvement at the Council. A lot has happened over the last four years or so that he was in charge and has been resonsible for a culture change in the Town Hall.

Stephen Evans recently said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as Chief Executive. Havering is a great borough and has a Council committed to improvement and regeneration. Havering has improved much over the last three years and I feel that the task I was set has been completed. The Council is ready for a succession-planning exercise that will allow an orderly transfer to a new Chief Executive. I would like to thank staff, councillors, local organisations and residents for making my time here so pleasant. I will look forward to working with them all until March next year."

I would like to wish Stephen all the best for his retirement, now he is not politically restricted in his post, he may wish to come and help deliver some of our news letters up in North Romford, we are always looking for helpers !
.
Best wishes Stephen and thanks.

Andy

No comments: