Saturday, October 07, 2006

Im a Councillor, get me out of here !!

As part of this years Local Democracy week, I will again be taking part in the "Im a Councillor, get me out of here" on line event. This will be the third time I have taken part, having won last year with 80% share of the vote, which is maybe why there is only one Tory taking part this year.

Maybe they are not to keen on losing again, but hey ho, with the Tories having 34 Councillors, its pretty disgusting that they can only muster one person to take part, in my view, it says a lot about their committement to younger people and local democracy.

After the antics of the Tories in the recent local election, after shoving Tebbutt onto the people of North Romford, im not sure they actually know what democracy is ! However the residents know what it was all about and came out in force to have their say. And for that i will ever be thankful.

No comments: